Supported by the Micro-Module Courseware Development Grant (CUHK), this is a collaborative project between the Department of Curriculum and Instruction and Centre for the Advancement of Information Technology in Education. This portal consists of eight micro-modules. Each module is a self-contained unit covering one topic in the course Subject Curriculum and Teaching: English (Primary Education), comprising the following five components:
A pre-class instructional video of about 15 minutes to present the key concepts to be covered in the module. Content of the video includes:
- an overview of the video,
- explanation of key concepts,
- demonstration of classroom skills where necessary, and
- issues for further exploration in class.
- An online quiz which students will complete after the video viewing and before class;
- A sequence of class activities that are built on the key concepts presented in the video;
- An end-of-module assessment to ascertain learning effectiveness;
- Suggestions for further activities.